The Native Language App is a great way for children and adults to learn different Native words from across Indian Country. This app can be a fun and interactive approach for someone to learn about the Indigenous cultures of where they live or as an introduction to a language they may be interested in becoming fluent in later on.
- Four different Native Languages: Diné (Navajo), Lakota (Sioux), Mvskoke (Muscogee Creek) and Ponca. More languages to come.
- Shows the diversity of Native languages.
- Using animals makes the app fun and interesting to people of all ages.
- Large colorful images of animals to engage young minds.
- The Native words are spoken by people who either grew up speaking the language or who have taught the language to the next generation.
- The animals’ names printed in both English and the Native language to help with spelling and pronunciation.
- Easy-to-use navigation allows for children to interact with the app on their own or with a family member.
|Link to App|
|Diné • indigenous language • Lakota • language | preservation • language app • Mvskoke • Ponca|
|Tech: App / Software|