The eBorneo research project is being undertaken by eBario Sdn Bhd in partnership with the Centre of Excellence for Rural Informatics at Universiti Malaysia Sarawak and the assistance of research interns from the College of Business at the City University of Hong Kong.
Be sure to visit the eBario Sdn Bhd website for project information on both the eBorneo and eBario projects.
Purpose of the research
- Support the eBario telecentre replication initiative with the specification of further applications of ICTs for the development of the participating communities; Ba’kelalan, Long Lamai and Bario.
- Provide further evidence for the potential and demand for community radio stations in the Highlands of central Borneo.
- Obtain feedback from tourists and tourism operators on their satisfaction and areas for improvement.
- Obtain information on the role of media in support of indigenous issues.
- Obtain an after-view of the changes that have occurred in Bario since the implementation of the telecentre.
- Provide data in support of the development of tourism in the Highlands.
Activities being undertaken
- Household Surveys
- Focus Group Discussions
- Householder Interviews
- Interviews with local officials.
- Tourist survey
If you are interested in the details and methodology of the project, check out the manual.
|Dr. Roger Harris|
|2011 • CoERI • eBario • eBorneo • indigenous communities • Malaysia • Sarawak • telecenter|