What do we do?
We are an NGO and not-for-profit organisation that provides IT services for international development. We work on both grant funded projects and direct partnerships with NGOs.
- We collaborate with NGOs to strengthen the use of IT in their programmes.
- We offer impartial advice on strategy, policy, implementation and procurement.
- We build robust, accessible and usable software, mobile and web services.
- We are experts in low-bandwidth and appropriate technologies.
- We are leaders in the field of bandwidth management, improving communications networks.
How do we do it?
We bring together best practice from the commercial software sector and the international development sector:
- Communication and Collaboration: we involve end-users at all stages.
- Simplicity: we believe that IT is about people first, then process, and technology last.
- Appropriate Technology: we consider the intended environmental, cultural and economic context.
- Usability: we focus on the ease with which a user can employ a tool to achieve a goal.
- Agile Methodologies: we learn from users as they identify their priorities, then work iteratively and with regular feedback to ensure participatory development.
|appropriate technology • development • ICT4D • mobile • policy|
|Org: ICT4D / Dev|